AMEX Centurion Black Card Requirements
The American Express Black Card, which is also known as the Centurion Card, was introduced in 1999 for its high net worth clients that spend over $250,000 a year. The AMEX Black card is only for a selective group and can only be obtains through an invitation only process. Individuals that call or write to American Express to request a Centurion card will be denied, since all of its members are hand picked.
The Centurion Black card, available for personal and business use, offers services such as a dedicated concierge and travel agent, complimentary companion airline tickets on international flights on selected airlines with the purchase of a full fare ticket, personal shoppers at retailers such as Escada, Gucci, and Neiman Marcus, access to airport clubs, first class flight upgrades, membership in Sony's Cierge personal shopping program, and dozens of other elite club memberships.
Centurion Black Card Hotel benefits include one free night when at least one paid night is booked during the same stay in every Mandarin Oriental hotel worldwide once a year (except for the New York City property), and privileges at hotel chains like Ritz-Carlton, Leading Hotels of the World, and Amanresorts. The card has recently added new amenities, which include automatic flight status upgrades, car rental upgrades, and complimentary travel upgrades.
In order to qualify for an AMEX Centurion Black Card, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Currently have an AMEX credit card, such as the AMEX Blue, Blue Cash, Blue Sky, Gold, or Platinum with a
decent credit limit.
2. Spend at least $250,000 in one year on your AMEX card. This can be difficult if your current AMEX credit card has a credit limit of less than $20,833/month. The only way around this is to front-pay your charges. This means to write American Express a check at the beginning of month to cover all your credit card expenditures for the month. For example, if your credit card limit is $10,000 a month and you figure that you will spend $25,000 this month, write American Express a check for $15,000 ($25,000 - $10,000 = $15,000) before the month begins.
3. Average household income needs to be $100,000 or more.
4. Individuals should not carry a current balance on their current credit cards. If there is a balance, then it should be exttremely low.
5. Applicants must have a credit score in the high 700ís range at the minimum. Many of its members will have a credit score of 800+. There are exceptions, especially if your net worth is extremely high.
6. Applicants need to have a net worth of $250,000 or more.
If you meet the above requirements then you will probably receive an invitation to this exclusive club in the mail. Remember, once your invited you must pay an initiation fee as well as a yearly membership fee. The initial one-time membership fee is $5,000 to get you into this elite club. Then you must pay an additional $2,500 per year to keep your membership. Additional Centurion Black Cards have an additional fee of $1,500. As you can see, itís not cheap to have an AMEX Black Card. You will be paying $7,500 the first year and $1,500 every year after if you want something that only a select few can receive.
Visa Black Card | Barclays Black Card | How to Get a Visa Black Card | Visa Black Card Review
AMEX Black Card | AMEX Black Review | The Black Card
Mastercard World Elite |
Exclusive Cards | Accolades | AMEX HHonors | Saks Fifth | AMEX Platinum | Visa Signature | Amex Platinum
Black Card Review | Credit Card Application | Luxury Credit Cards | Black Card Credit Limit